Geeky Flair: The day I became "The Doctor"

11:29


“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that I am a BIG fan of Doctor Who, and I am proud of this fact".


Trying to find something to change my mood and add my Geekness to my work; so my choice was my favourite person who made me always feel like gold. It's perfect to dress up and bring your personality to the top, it will make you confident and full of hope.So my mind took me to the most incredible series that I was introduced to it back in 2013 in the most astonishing night of its 50th anniversary and since that day I can call myself the 11th Doctor hardcore fan; I would accept his invitation to reverse the polarity of the dimensions. After a long night of watching series 7  -I had the whole seasons on a marathon-. So as The monthly subscription service Loot Crate wants to know fans are able to sneak a bit of geekiness into their daily look. I decided to go to tell how I went to work as The 11th Doctor, it's not hard to turn your wardrobe upside down and get The Doctor's look.





1. The attitude: I've been called crazy, wired and nerd. So this was already checked from my list but the most important thing is the 11th excitement and using Geronimo in all the suitable occasions.

















2. The sonic screwdriver: Unless you want the world to go mad. I wonder if I had run a scan over my previous boss; would she had been a Dalek?! Who Knows. 












3. The shabby Blazer/Coat:  he either be dressed in a coat or that daily Tweet Jacket; it's part of who he is so you must land that nerdy and old style look; I have found myself one which I've previously crossed over with my librarian look. 








4. The stripes/Utah shirt: This was not so hard to find because most of us have classic shirts from the basics section at any well-known fashion brand. I've got mine at Marks and Spencer. 

















5. The raggedy trouser: The wonderful fact that you can find those perfect dressy trousers easily or follow my lead and just cuff your jeans to the boyfriend style; make sure it's barely touching your shoes.


















6. The Oxford shoes-boots-: When I hunt myself Oxford shoes --spontaneously I ask for "The Doctor's shoes" so the salesman thinks I am looking for medical crooks which are nothing like having the neatest and comfortable shoes ever. Adding, I could not become the doctor without wearing my Oxford boots.



7. Bow ties are cool: The Doctor's bow tie reflect his moments of actions and wisdom; especially when he fix them before a big event. I did not find myself one but better; I've found a silk lace which I had to learn to tie it as a bow tie using "How to Tie a Bow Tie | The Art of Manliness" which worked like magic. 









8. The  TARDIS: The Doctor is nothing without his TARDIS and as I could not build one that's bigger on the inside; I used TARDIS 3D Live Wallpaper which is a true joy as you can play with the taking off sounds and landing. I used the sounds whenever I entered or leave or enter a room. 


Even if it was a formal work day turned into
cosplay that no one noticed except other fans and I remember the whole day was exciting and full of adventures. I will never forget the day when the doctor was me.



Disclaimer: all the used photos are from the internet search and Pinterest and I don't own any of them...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Twitter